Empath Action CIC are delivering easy to follow clothing workshops where you can learn to use fun sewing and artistic techniques to update or even repair your favourite pieces of clothing which may be past their best in their Community Costume Emporium Workshops!
We are initially running a taster session focusing on reusing and repurposing and there is an opportunity to create Valentine’s and rhubarb themed keepsakes. We then have workshops focused on applique, sashiko, stencilling and fabric painting amongst others.
All workshops will be run in our Costume Emporium at the Ridings Shopping Centre where you will have the opportunity to look at the costumes which we hire out for artistic performances.
All sessions are aimed to focus on making clothing reusable and promoting sustainability and are funded with the help of The National Lottery Community Fund.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to book.
Sessions subject to change please book and keep a check on social media so you can be advised of any changes.
- Wednesday February 15th, 11am – 1pm | Taster Session
- Wednesday March 1st, 11am – 1pm | Applique
- Wednesday March 8th, 11am – 1pm | Sashiko Part 1
- Wednesday March 15th, 11am – 1pm | Sashiko Part 2
- Wednesday March 22nd, 11am – 1pm | Boro Part 1
- Wednesday March 29th, 11 am – 1pm | Boro Part 2
- Wednesday April 19th, 11am – 1pm | Stencilling & Stamping
- Wednesday April 26th, 11am – 1pm | Fabric Painting Part 1
- Wednesday May 3rd, 11am – 1pm | Fabric Painting Part 2
- Wednesday May 10th, 11am – 1pm | Embroidery Part 1
- Wednesday May 17th, 11am – 1pm | Embroidery Part 2