Throughout Our Year, we will be delivering a wide range of activities for groups of adults in the South East of the district. We need friendly, enthusiastic volunteers to support our delivery partners on sessions like men’s football, multi sports, buggy walks and disability sessions.
A volunteer you will be required to:
- Help out with any tasks that ensure the smooth running of the session, as directed by the session lead.
- Understand and implement procedures calmly and quickly in the event of a fire or other threat, including knowing the location of fire exits
- Help and assist event attendees where needed, in a calm, polite and friendly manner
- Know the location of the first aid station and any first aid equipment, and contact designated first-aider in cases of emergency
- Understand methods or signals used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen
- Recognise potential hazards or safety concerns, reporting such findings immediately to supervisors
- Be able and willing to work evenings and weekends, where needed