Throughout Our Year, we will be hosting a number of large and small-scale public events – we need friendly, enthusiastic volunteers to support the Sports Development and Physical Activity Team at the Moving Festival activities and events.
A Walk Leader Support will be required to:
- Help co-ordinate participants in a safe walking activity, risk assessing any potential dangers along designated route prior to and during the walk.
- Ensure that all walkers are walking at a comfortable pace to keep up with the walk.
- Help and assist event attendees where needed, in a calm, polite and friendly manner.
- Know the location of the first aid station and any first aid equipment, and contact designated first-aider in cases of emergency.
- Understand methods or signals used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Recognise potential hazards or safety concerns, reporting such findings immediately to supervisors.
- Be able and willing to work evenings and weekends, where needed.